It has been a whirlwind last week for Girl Up, and the fun continues through the end of this week! In recent days, the campaign has gottentons of buzz thanks to our partners, Champions, and supporters like you as together we made the issues of adolescent girls a favorite discussion topic during UN Week in New York City, at the Clinton Global Initiative (CGI), and on major TV news programs.
- Our Global Advocate and UN Foundation board member, Her Majesty Queen Rania al Abdullah, highlights Girl Up at CGI, and then again on theToday Show.
- Girl Up was featured on MSNBC’s Andrea Mitchell Reports, and on Good Morning America.
- Our Teen Journalist, Betsy Cribb, had prime access at CGI – read her blog!
- MTV Networks Chairman and CEO Judy McGrath hosted a celeb-packed launch party featuring Girl Up Champions – watch the slideshow!
- At the UN Foundation’s Digital Media Lounge, I spoke about what girls can teach women with Do Something’s Nancy Lublin, Women for Women’s Zainab Salbi, Nancy Zhang of Key Club, and Layne Gray, CEO of Vivanista. Watch the panel discussion.
Whew! That was just SOME of all the exciting stuff happening last week … but now, it’s time to get ready for Girl Up’s big campaign launch! Starting tomorrow we’ll kick off our much-awaited Unite for Girls Tour in New York City. Join us at the Pep Rally and at our Girlafesto Gathering! We’re bringing Girl Up across the country and around the world, uniting you and millions of others to transform the lives of girls everywhere.
Want to be part of the movement? Follow us on Twitter @GirlUp, or atfacebook.com/girlup and show the world that a High Five can change a lifewith this simple message as your status:
Join me & #uniteforgirls with @GirlUp today. Give a High Five & transform the life of a girl at GirlUp.org.